Bangalore Birth Certificate

After a week of applying for birth certificate, I finally got it. Here is a snapshot of my baby’s birth certificate
Bangalore BBMP birth certificate
  I really imagined that getting the certificate would be simple task of giving the receipt and getting the signed copy from the ground floor counter at BBMP (Majestic). But it was not so simple!!
It took me close to two hours and following steps to finally get the certificate:
1) At the ground floor, gave my receipt, the person checked into one of the folder, could not find the certificate and asked me to go to second floor.
2) On the second floor, (this is where i submitted my application earlier), the certificate printout were being delivered in separate queue. It was not an organized queue though.
3) Finally after a wait for an hour or so, got the printouts. Interestingly the lady at the counter  asked me the name of the baby (which I had already filled in the form while applying). She said you can fill out any name that you desire!!
4) Once I had the printout, I went to the first floor, stood in another queue and got the signature of the BBMP authority
5) Finally, I reached ground floor with the signed copy and got the BBMP seal stamped on my certificate.
The best part of my experience was that I did not pay bribe at any single desk and the process was totally smooth. Kudos to BBMP!! The only last hiccup was to physically go there and collect the certificate, so an online process [& certificate couriered] would have been awesome!!
Unfortunately I could not find the link (Google, BangaloreOne website did not helped) where I could have applied online for a digital certified copy of birth certificate. I saw one person standing ahead of me got the digital certified copy printed on the second floor [no sign/seal required of-course].
If anyone knows how to apply for digital certified copy of birth certificate, please share.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:28 PM

    Did u still find the online way to get digitally signed copy of birth certificate.

    Anything digital looks great to we IT guys :)
    You must have asked that fellow who has digital copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I did not find it. Actually the place was very crowded and did not get a chance to check with that person. Also my focus was to get my work done at that time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what did u submitted for the certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what did u submitted for the certificate?, can u plz post the proper address for applying birth certificate..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rafi,

    Please visit my blog post for more details. No documents were required for me since it was a new-born certification within one year.

    http://dadsmemoir.blogspot.in/2012/01/birth-certificate-in-bangalore.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samik7:40 PM

    Hope all the fields in your kid's BC are properly filled up and you have just masked them before uploading. Otherwise, I'm a little confused when those fields would be filled up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ketan,

    The Name - Does it need to be full name of the baby or just the given name would be sufficient? I have got my baby's certificate done and have only given his first name and not father's name and surname along with it. Will it be a problem?

    ReplyDelete